The Mental Beatdown - the economy and your business

I've been thinking a lot lately about how people give up on their business when they meet with challenges. As gas prices rise and people worry about the economy, we can tend to think negatively, a "well, why even bother..." type of attitude seeps in to our mentality.

When we give up, we have stopped trying. When we stop trying, other people stop caring - because, why should they care if we don't care?!? If we stop marketing and selling, of course our businesses will fail. We can blame it on the economy all we want, but more of the blame is our own actions -- or rather, our choice of inaction. If you are having trouble getting your own financial needs met, then take action! Learn about how to save money so you will have more money to put toward your business expenses and so you will have less to worry about.

When we get mentally beaten down by negative self talk "of why even bother," we have doomed our business to failure.

I would like to leave you with some words of wisdom from Dr. Heartsill Wilson, who said in some of his speeches that the Great Depression was worsened not by people's inability to buy, but by sales peoples' inability to sell.
"This is the beginning of a new day.
God has given me this day to use as I will.
I can waste it--or use it for good, but what
I do today is important, because I am exchanging
a day of my life for it! When tomorrow comes,
this day will be gone forever, leaving in its
place something that I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain, and not loss; good,
and not evil, success, and not failure;
in order that I shall not regret the
price that I have paid for it."

No comments: